Recent advancements in dental technology have made cosmetic teeth straightening procedures such as Six Month Smiles and Invisalign increasingly accessible for patients of all ages and lifestyles. Because these quick, cost-effective procedures are both seemingly quick and equally effective, you might wonder which is right for you.
In this blog, we’re going to present the pros and cons of each treatment. Remember, always consult a medical professional before deciding on a procedure. For a FREE, no-obligation consultation in Thornhill and Markham, call Emerald Dental Care! We serve patients from all over the Greater Toronto Area and we would be more than pleased to help you decide whether Six Month Smiles or Invisalign is right for you!
Before comparing Six Month Smiles vs Invisalign, let’s look at a quick overview of both:
Invisalign is a set of clear aligners, similar to a retainer that is transparent.
After an evaluation, your doctor will perform a series of comprehensive tests to determine EXACTLY what your treatment plan will be. This treatment can be effective for moderate cases of gapped teeth, crowded teeth, overbites, underbites and crossbites!
On average, depending on what the goal of the treatment is, you will receive new retainers approximately bi-weekly and this process will continue for approximately a year. You are recommended to wear the Invisalign retainer for approximately 20-22 hours a day, but you MAY remove them to clean your teeth and eat, which makes it ultra-convenient!
Six Month Smiles is an innovative, clear coloured wire and bracket system. They are fixed like traditional orthodontic braces but are optimized for quick cosmetic results!
This treatment is especially effective for straightening visible teeth quickly because it focuses on immediately visible teeth only! Generally, six-month smiles aren’t meant to correct your bite or the alignment of your jaw.
Like traditional orthodontic braces, this process generally takes approximately six months, hence the name. In comparison to traditional braces that take roughly 2-3 years, by applying mild pressure to only visible front teeth, you can get the results you want in a fraction of the time!
Invisalign Pros and Cons:
The benefits of Invisalign VS Six Month Smiles:
- The retainer is removable, which makes cleaning your teeth and eating much easier than a fixed wire and bracket system.
- The Invisalign retainer is much more adaptable to shaping a moderate problem with your bite: whether that means gapped teeth, crowded teeth, an overbite, an underbite or even a crossbite!
- Invisalign is substantially cheaper than, and can be up to 2-3 times faster than using traditional orthodontic braces.
The disadvantages of Invisalign VS Six Month Smiles:
- Invisalign as an alternative to traditional braces be cheaper- but compared to six month smiles, it is certainly not. Depending on your personalized treatment plan, on average, it costs about 20% more than Six Month Smiles.
- Invisalign on average takes nearly double the time of Six Month Smiles. That means, depending on your treatment plan, it could up to a year.
Six Month Smiles Pros and Cons:
The advantage of Six Month Smiles VS Invisalign:
- The full treatment process of Six Month Smiles cost is up to 20% less than that of Invisalign in Toronto today!
- Six Month Smiles takes roughly half the time of Invisalign on average, with a treatment time of 6 months vs a year, respectively.
- Six Month Smiles provides effective cosmetic effects, as visible from numerous before and after pictures by targeting only visible front teeth!
Cons of Six Month Smiles VS Invisalign:
- Six Month Smiles is not meant to correct severe bite problems! While it may alter your bite, a medical practitioner can determine whether the limitations of this treatment may apply to your case.
- Six Month Smiles are nearly invisible, but they are still a fixed bracket and wire system like traditional braces. This offers your treatment provider better flexibility with adjustments to suit your needs but is not removable for eating and brushing!
- Common Six Month Smiles complaints are generally those pertaining to discomfort common as those in traditional braces!
Hopefully this summary that outlines Six Month Smiles VS Invisalign can help you get a better idea of which treatment better suits you. Of course, at Emerald Dental Care in Thornhill, we can provide a FREE evaluation that will determine the exact costs, timelines, limitations of each process.
We can decide based on your individual needs and goals for your smile whether Six Month Smiles or Invisalign is right for you. Our Six Month Smiles reviews and Invisalign reviews on our treatments are something we take pride in! Our patients from all over the Greater Toronto Area have only come back with smiles on their faces!
After viewing the pros and cons of Invisalign, the pros and cons of Six Month Smiles, you might have an idea of which procedure will best suit your needs. Emerald Dental Care can help you make an educated decision if either of these are right for you. And of course, we can help you create a payment plan for both Invisalign costs AND Six Month Smile costs – no matter what your budget.