Dental veneers are mostly used in cosmetic dentistry to improve the look of the front teeth by replacing chipped/damaged/discolored teeth or fill the minor gaps with a thin porcelain shield called “Veneer”. Laminate veneers which are mostly done for aesthetic reasons can be costly due to the material, laboratory process and dentist time to prepare the surface and attach the custom-made veneers.
Average Cost For Porcelain Veneers
How Much Do Porcelain Veneers Cost?
- Most porcelain veneers cost per teeth vary within the range of $800 to $1,300 and for such investment you can retain a fairly long time of aesthetic appearance depending on how well you look after them.
There are a few options when you consider Veneer for solving cosmetic issues on your teeth.
- Composite Veneers are the simplest type which doesn’t require laboratory production and it is basically applying layers of the filling materials on the surfaces of the teeth. This option is not applicable for all cases and usually, the gap issues are the best candidates for it. Although the cost of material and Lab fees are eliminated, however, it requires more of dentist times to apply composite and smooth the surface. The cost of Composite Veneers are somewhere around $400 – $600.
- Ceramic Veneers are another type of the veneers which are one step above the composite and it requires lab procedures. These kinds of veneers are better than composite when it comes to tendency to being chipped or get stained, but they are not as durable or aesthetic as Porcelain Veneers. Their cost obviously stands somewhere between Composite and Porcelain.
Lumineers are the most innovative option which has earned itself a brand named “Lumineer”. They are very high quality and super thin shields which require very precise and minor shavings on the teeth and obviously pricier than the all other options. Lumineers system is equipped with a high technology and that makes it possible to be used for all the applications and cases.
Porcelain Veneers Cost with Insurance
Your dental coverage might cover some of the porcelain veneers cost depending on the policy arrangement but the truth is that insurances are not very cooperative when it comes to cosmetic matters.
Porcelain Veneers average costs may vary from region to region but it’s always standard rule that it’s more expensive to get veneers in large metropolitan cities than smaller towns.
Remember, your dentist may otherwise advise for you not to have veneers but to know if you’re a good candidate is if you don’t grind or clench your teeth much, don’t have tooth decays and still have lots of enamel left. If you want to feel safe, go to a dentist you can trust and with the plenty of experience. Emerald Dental Care in Thornhill, Ontario offers free consultations so grab it if you can.
Porcelain Veneers Prices Breakdown and Tips
Many dentists may not push for porcelain veneers as they can be costly for patients but once it’s needed and you agree to start the treatment, here are things that you need to remember:
- Porcelain Veneers price vary much from one dentist to another depending on their experience, quality of the material, equipment used, and facility where order their veneers to be made. It’s better if you consult with a few clinics first before settling down with the final option.
- Usually it’s recommended not to pick the providers with the highest or lowest quotes. Always go for the middle ground.
- Price quotes are mostly for one tooth. If your dentist tells you a porcelain veneer costs $1,000, no doubt, that’s just for one tooth. You are better to calculate how many tooth needs the treatment so you can evaluate your porcelain veneers costs.
- It’s very crucial to examine your existing bite condition in order to make sure you do not have any orthodontic or contact issue before taking the steps of making your custom veneers. It is very common to be disappointed after short period of time of new veneers installation, when you face either chiped or fallen veneers situation due to problems in teeth contacts.
Visit Emerald Dental Care to accurately explore your options for Porcelain Veneers
At Emerald Dental Care in Thornhill, we won’t promise you the most affordable veneers but rather, the most reasonably priced ones with the best applicable options for your case.