The Importance of Children’s Oral Hygiene
We all love our children and want them to remain healthy and keep smiling forever. However, for that to happen we not only need to take care of their physical health, but we also need to ensure that our children maintain an impeccable dental hygiene. As your baby’s oral health has a direct impact on his or her physical well-being. Here are a few tips that will help you take care of your child’s oral hygiene.
- You are the Role Model! – Children tend to copy their parents’ habits. If you are careful about looking after your teeth, your kids will also learn the importance of having an optimal dental hygiene. Very young children must be supervised during brushing so that they learn the right way of brushing their teeth. In addition, you should try to brush your teeth in front of your children, so that they learn the importance of this habit.
- Milk Teeth are Important are equally Important – many parents think that their child’s milk teeth are only temporary and they would be replaced with the permanent ones. Therefore, there is not much need to look after the primary. THIS IS WRONG! The fact is that primary teeth are equally important as the permanent successors. This because the milk teeth act as space maintainers for the permanent teeth and if any of the primary teeth are lost prematurely, the other tend to occupy their vacant space, thereby creating difficulties for the permanent teeth to erupt in their proper place and resulting in crowded or misaligned teeth. Therefore, you should inculcate the best dental habits in your child right from the day his or her first tooth appears. In addition, the primary teeth also help in chewing and speech.
- The Importance of Balanced Diet in Your Child’s health – a diet that is rich in Vitamins and essential nutrients and low in sugars and refined carbohydrates not only ensures that your child remains healthy, but it is important for making your child’s teeth and gums stronger and resistant against cavities and dental infections. In addition, you should ensure that whenever your child eats something sweet, he or she must brush their teeth or at least rinse their mouth afterwards. In this way, their teeth would remain clean and free of cavities.
- Restrict the Intake of Sweets – bakery products, candies and chocolates are the worst enemies of your child’s teeth. The latest research has shown that it is not the quantity of the sugars your child eats, rather it is the frequency with which they anything sweet. Therefore, you should restrict the frequency with which they are allowed to eat candies of chocolates.
- Take them to a Dentist Regularly – Despite taking the best care of their child, parents can miss out some signs that point towards a dental infection or teeth cavities. Therefore, it is always a good idea to regularly take your child to see a dentist. The dentist will also help your child in learning the best dental practices so that they remain fit and healthy.
Remember, you by taking care of your child’s dental health today, you are investing in keeping him or her healthy for the years to come. So start looking after their dental health now so that you can see your children keep smiling throughout their life. Call us for a an appointment for your child’s oral hygiene.