Orthodontic Treatment by Invisalign Aligners – Are you fed up of your crooked and misshaped teeth, but at the same time you are worried that the metallic traditional braces will disturb your facial esthetics? Then don’t worry, because with the help of the Invisalign (clear aligners) , you can have straight teeth and a perfect smile without the need for braces, which are not only unaesthetic, but are also quite uncomfortable and most of the time can cause soft tissue injuries and massive decays on your healthy teeth.
What Is Invisalign Aligners Treatment?
The Invisalign orthodontic treatment involves the use of custom made trays or aligners that are made up of clear acrylic. These aligners are designed in such a way that they exert a controlled amount of pressure onto the teeth, thereby carrying out movement and gradual straightening of the teeth. Once an aligner serves it purpose and becomes loose, it is replaced by another clear brace, which is straighter than the previous one, thereby improving the alignment and positioning of the teeth. This process continues, until all the teeth have been straightened, and have properly aligned within the dental arch.
How Does Invisalign Aligner Work?
The following steps are involved in the Invisalign treatment process:
- Patient Evaluation – A Pre-evaluation by the dentist is the first step for this treatment. The dentist performs a thorough dental examination which also includes assessment of the previous study models/possible past treatments and radiographs. This is performed to ensure that the patient is a right candidate for getting an orthodontic treatment with the help of Invisalign clear braces.
- Forming of a Treatment Plan – Next, the dentist will initiate the case by taking a very precise impression of the existing teeth condition and will forward it to the Align Company for their study. In a matter of one week, Align company will provide the dentist with a complete analysis and digital animated graphic showing the gradual changes during the process and number of trays that will be used during this specific period. This package is called “Clincheck”. Once Clincheck is ready, the dentist will have a consult with the patient to discuss all the aspects and details for the treatment to make sure patient understands the outcome of this long treatment. The graphic animation is an amazing tool for visualizing the results and its accuracy is very high.
- Getting Your First Set of Aligners – Once the patient agrees to start the treatment, the dentist will give the green light to the Invisalign dental laboratories, to fabricate the trays. After receiving the first set of the braces, there will be an arrangement to insert them on the patient jaw alongside with necessary instruction to proper use of the trays. Patients are required to wear their Invisalign aligners for at least 18 hours in a day for best results.
- Get New Aligner After Every 4 to 6 Weeks – after about 4 weeks, your aligners will have served their purpose, and they will be replaced with a new set of invisalign braces, which will again apply some force toward aligning your teeth and will diminished gradually when your teeth starts following the shape of the tray. In this way, patients get a new set of clear braces after every 4-6 weeks, until the desired results have been achieved.
- Wearing Your Retainers – once the treatment completed, your dentist may decide to provide you with retainers, so that the teeth do not move back to their original position. Usually, the last set of aligners can serve as the perfect retainers, however, in some complex cases, specially designed fixed or removable may be required.
Instructions for Wearing Your Invisalign Aligners
- Wear Them As Much As Possible – patients must wear their aligners for at least 18 hours a day, however, the longer they are worn, the better and quicker will be the results.
- Remove the Braces While You Eat – you should remove your retainers while eating, and wear them back on after you have brushed your teeth, in addition to washing your aligners with tap water.
- When Outside the Mouth, Keep Them in Water – while the aligners are expected to be worn for a maximum time during the day, when you have to take them off, place them in a container filled with water, so as to prevent any changes in the fit.
- Don’t Wash With Hot Water – cleaning your Invisalign clear braces with hot water can result in wrapage. This can lead to aligners which do not fit in your mouth anymore, and you may need to get new aligners.If you need an Orthodontic treatment to get your teeth straightened without anyone noticing, then you should consider getting an orthodontic treatment with the Invisalign Clear Braces system. Visit our Cosmetic dental office in Toronto, Thornhill today to get an evaluation, because you deserve to have a beautiful smile and perfect teeth.If you still have more questions about Invisalign, or you want to know about Invisliagn treatment cost, read this blog or Call us now at 905-597-1518 and book your free Invisalign aligner Treatment consultation.