Orthodontic Treatment by Invisalign Aligners – Are you fed up of your crooked and misshaped teeth, but at the same time you are worried that the metallic traditional braces will disturb your facial esthetics? Then don’t worry, because with the help of the Invisalign (clear aligners) , now you can have straight teeth and a perfect smile, that too without the need for braces, which are not only unaesthetic, but are also quite uncomfortable and can cause soft tissue injuries.
What Is Invisalign Aligners Treatment?
The Invisalign orthodontic treatment involves the use of custom made trays or aligners that are made up of clear acrylic. These aligners are designed in such a way that they exert a controlled amount of pressure onto the teeth, thereby carrying out movement and gradual straightening of the teeth. Once an aligner serves it purpose and becomes loose, it is replaced by another clear brace, which is straighter than the previous one, thereby improving the alignment and positioning of the teeth. This process continues, until all the teeth have been straightened, and have properly aligned within the dental arch.
How Does Invisalign Aligner Work?The following steps are involved in the Invisalign treatment process:
- Patient Evaluation – before the treatment by Invisalign aligners can be initiated, the dentist first performs a thorough dental examination of the patient, which also includes assessment of the study models and radiographs. This is performed to ensure whether the patient is a right candidate for getting an orthodontic treatment with the help of Invisalign clear aligners.
- Formulation of a Treatment Plan – Next, the dentist or the orthodontist thoroughly studies the study models and radiographs of the patient, in order to devise a treatment plan that is best suited to the patient’s individual dental needs.
- Getting Your First Set of Aligners – the dentist sends the impression of your teeth to the Invisalign dental laboratories, where a 3D image of your dentition is created. This image is then used for assessing the extent of tooth movement and straightening that is required from the first set of the aligners, and the first aligners are fabricated such that they will exert pressure onto the teeth, and encourage straightening and alignment of the teeth. Patients are required to wear their Invisalign aligners for at least 22 hours in a day for best results.
- Get New Aligner After Every Two or 4 Weeks – after about two weeks, your aligners will have served their purpose, and they will replaced with a new set of invisalign aligners, which will again generate forces that will force your teeth to become straighter and more aligned. In this way, patients get a new set of clear braces after every two weeks, until the desired results have been achieved. Each aligner is designed with the help of a software, the dentist and the lab staff are able to visualize the extent of tooth movement that is expected from each set of aligners, and can therefore modify the design of the aligners at any stage, just by the click of a mouse.
- Wearing Your Retainers – once the treatment has been completed, your dentist may decide to provide you with retainers, so that the teeth do not move back to their original position. Usually, the last set of aligners can serve as the perfect retainers, however, in some complex cases, specially designed fixed or removable may be required.
- Wear Them As Much As Possible – patients must wear their aligners for at least 22 hours a day, however, the longer they wear, the better and quicker will be the results.
- Remove the Braces While You Eat – you should remove your retainers while eating, and wear them back on after you have rinsed your mouth or brushed your teeth, in addition to washing your aligners with tap water.
- When Outside the Mouth, Keep Them in Water – while the aligners are expected to be worn for a maximum time during the day, when you have to take them off, place them in a container filled with water, so as to prevent any changes in the fit.
- Don’t Wash With Hot Water – cleaning your Invisalign clear braces with boiling or hot water can result in warpage. This can lead to aligners which do not fit in your mouth anymore, and you may need to get new aligners.
If you need an Orthodontic treatment to get your teeth straightened without anyone noticing, then you should consider getting an orthodontic treatment with the Invisalign clear aligners system. Visit our Cosmetic dental office in Toronto, Thornhill today to get an evaluation, because you deserve to have a beautiful smile and perfect teeth.
If you still have more questions about Invisalign, or you want to know about Invisliagn treatment cost, read this blog or Call us now at 905-597-1518 and book your free Invisalign Treatment consultation.