Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
The majority of cosmetic dentistry procedures are non-essential for the functioning of a healthy mouth. It is a branch that deals primarily with aesthetic improvements that still come with known benefits for oral or even whole body health. You can look at it as procedures that offer patients better smiles. We’ve compiled the many benefits below alongside type of cosmetic dental treatments.
What Types of Treatment Fall Under Cosmetic Dentistry
The answer is a lot more than you can imagine. Be reminded that this too can be fluid as one treatment may be cosmetically inclined for one practitioner while it’s considered essential or a general procedure by another. As such, we have included the most commonly lumped treatments within the cosmetic category.
- Veneers – Porcelain laminates are bonded directly to the teeth using adhesives and may require tooth reduction. Veneers usually help against discoloration. (Here you can find information about dental veneer cost in Toronto)
- Dental Crowns – we also call this ‘caps’ or ‘dental crown caps’ and are usually fitted to cover tooth and restore it to normal shape or appearance. It has the longest life-expectancy among all procedures. (read about dental crown cost in Toronto)
- Bleaching – or teeth whitening.
- Dental Bridges – does the job of crowns on existing teeth but support a false tooth or teeth to replace those that are missing. Dental bridge is an easier and cheaper alternative to dental implants.
- Dental Implants – tooth replacements that are sturdier than bridges. Mostly done for reconstructive purposes after injuries, tooth decay and old age. ( Compare dental bridge Vs dental implants?)
- Contouring – if you have crooked teeth, this procedure will help you out a lot.
- Bite reclamation – helps reclaim vertical dimension altered by frequent acid reflux or bruxism [teeth grinding].
- Tooth Bonding – it helps close obvious spaces between teeth and discolouration- a cheaper alternative to veneers.
- Gum surgery/ crown lengthening – for people with short looking teeth, this procedure helps reshape gum line to produce a more desirable, longer, symmetrical looking set of teeth.
To find out more about Cosmetic Dentistry Prices please read our other blogs
Ask your family dentist for a pre-consultation to help assess which types of cosmetic dentistry procedures mentioned above would best suit in solving your needs.
Known Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
You should remember every time you wish to see a cosmetic dentist in Toronto to first know if they’re qualified to perform the procedure you wish done on your mouth. Added certifications are mostly needed for prosthodontics and orthodontics or dentists that deal with teeth reconstruction and realignment.
The known benefits of cosmetic dentistry usually come down to your health. The effects go hand in hand as most restorative or cosmetic procedures needs careful maintenance for long lasting results. For example, if you have undergone bleaching, you would want to avoid any food source or activity that can actually re-stain your teeth. Crooked teeth on the other hand is one source of dental misalignment causing severe headaches. Reshaping or contouring this problem can solve various issues at once. The social benefits, on the other hand, of cosmetic dental treatments include a boost of confidence levels due to a better looking teeth appearance. People with enhanced smiles are usually perceived better by others and this improves psychological behavior of others toward them.
Why Emerald Dental Care for your Cosmetic Dentistry Needs
At Emerald Dental Care in Thornhill, rest assured that your teeth will be carefully taken care of by a certified and qualified team of dentists with a proper background and ongoing educational credentials. With years of expertise providing cosmetic dental care for patients within Toronto and the GTA, you too can achieve the smile of a lifetime.
Fill the form or simply call our office at 905-597-1518 to book your free cosmetic dentistry consultation now.